The psychological development a person goes through in his/her life is of great interest to me. In particular, Carl Jung’s perspective on the individuation process, to become one’s “true self,” serves as a guide in my work.
So I started as a teacher at a private school for state exams. Passing exams is a true initiation into adulthood. I continued my career in education as an educational developer and manager in democratic education.
Between the age of 40 and 50, I worked as a Jungian psychotherapist at my own practice. At the same time, I pursued further studies for shamanistic energy healer. I added this form of therapy to the practice. Helping people break free from old pain and trauma was central to my work. Taoism is the Chinese philosophy I feel most at home. A way of thinking about life and at the same time rooted in shamanism.
Qigong & Tai Chi
For over 20 years I have practiced various styles of Qigong & Tai Chi. Wisdom Qigong, Taoist Qigong, Wudan Qigong and Wudan Tai Chi. I see practicing Qigong and Tai Chi as training to improve physical health and come to your “true self,” the path of individuation.
Passing on the ancient knowledge of Qigong & Tai Chi, giving Tarot consultations and healings is currently my work. When I’m not working I study Chinese medicine and I create art & text.
Studies & training
- Master in education and developmental psychology, Rijksuniversiteit Leiden.
- Jungian counselling, Jungian learning analysis, Jungian study groups, dream analysis, active imagination, creative therapy.
- Energy healing therapy, chakra work. Initiation in Inca shamanic work. Initiation in Qi group healing. Parapsychology.
- Tai Chi, Qigong, Meditation, Iaido with Chinese and Western teachers.
- Buddhism, Taoism.
- Chinese medicine, Tuina therapy.
- The teachings of Jeffrey Yuen, Taoist master.
My complete CV can be found at LinkedIn.